Locking the door on Renault Kadjar 2018 with dead battery

Niho

Nuorempi jäsen
Hello everyone!

Does anyone know how to lock doors on Renault Kadjar 2018 when the car battery is dead? I know that I can lock the driver's door with a key blade inside a key fob, but what is with other doors.
I noticed on other cars that there is a mechanical lever/button close to the lock mechanism that you need to press or move to lock the door, but I can't find something similar on this car. I just have a child lock on the back doors, but that is not helpful for locking the doors.
Can it be that screw on the inside, as you can see on the photo?

Liitteet

kimbe

Tunnettu jäsen
Hi!

Unfortunately I don't know the right answer for sure (I assume there's no way to lock those doors without battery power), but I have to ask why can't the empty battery be charged then, so you don't have to think about this issue? Or was this just a hypothetical question, in case something like this actually happens (and you can't charge the battery for whatever reason)?

Niho

Nuorempi jäsen
Hi!

Unfortunately I don't know the right answer for sure (I assume there's no way to lock those doors without battery power), but I have to ask why can't the empty battery be charged then, so you don't have to think about this issue? Or was this just a hypothetical question, in case something like this actually happens (and you can't charge the battery for whatever reason)?
It is more like a hypothetical question and I'm aware that this situation really rarely can happens.
I just noticed that on some cars there is a locking mechanism, which replaced those old window buttons on old cars, so I was wondering if the Kadjar had something similar. The instructions only explain how to lock all the doors when the key fob battery runs out!

Ylös Bottom